- The npm azure-storage package instructions are found here, the emulator software is found here and the storage explorer is found here.
- Once the emulator has been installed, you'll need to start it. The init operation worked fine for me (I'm running SQL Server 2012 Express anyway), but the start operation failed and it took a while to realize that ports 10000 - 10002 (or is that 3?) need to be available; the software blocking could be anywhere from backup software or bittorrent to malware.
Good to know.
There doesn't appear to be any way to customize the ports used.
- To verify that your emulator is running correctly, connect using the storage explorer.
- Select "Use a storage account name and key"
- Set the account name and authentication key (see point 6 below)
- Set the storage endpoints domain to "Other" with a value of 127.0.0.1
- Select "Use HTTP"
- The emulator runs on http NOT https, which shouldn't affect you once you've got your connection configured correctly. For some people the authentication requires setting your system time to UTC / GMT, for others it's setting the environment variable NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED to 0; the latter can be done in node.js with
process.env.NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED = 0;
- There are two ways to instantiate a table service object. Assuming
var azure = require('azure-storage');
var tableSvc = azure.createTableService(account, key, '127.0.0.1:10002');or
process.env.AZURE_STORAGE_ACCOUNT = account; process.env.AZURE_STORAGE_ACCESS_KEY = key; process.env.AZURE_STORAGE_CONNECTION_STRING = connectionString; var tableSvc = azure.createTableService();
- The account name, authentication key and connection string are public, invariable and for emulation purposes only:
Account name: devstoreaccount1
Connection String: UseDevelopmentStorage=true
Friday, 12 May 2017
Once again, solid software is rendered useless by a lack of documentation. I've just wasted way too much time connecting my node app to an emulated table, so I'm going to spell it out for you so that you don't have to do the same.
Lots of people find playlist shuffling insufficiently random for a variety of reasons, some of which have been addressed by the industry . ...
There's a vast amount of documentation available, but all of it assumes a lot of prior knowledge or very particular use cases. Here'...
The past few weeks I've been learning about mail servers, and the biggest takeaway for me is that it's generally worth paying someon...